Visiting friends and family is loads of fun, but can see us driving more than usual, unfortunately it can also see us sitting in more and more traffic jams!
Sitting behind the wheel for long periods has been shown to increase the activation of neck and lower back muscles which may lead to fatigue, stiffness and soreness in those areas.
Our tips for driving over Christmas are…
- Make sure you are alert and have planned the route including breaks
- Ensure the vehicle is safe to drive with good tyres and so on
- Sit in an upright position with your arms in a relaxed position with easy reach of the steering wheel
- Stay hydrated
- There will be delays so plan time for these and don’t get frustrated behind the wheel
- Try to stretch before and after to give your muscles the opportunity to relax
Other tips can be found below
The Winchester Wellness Team