Winchester Wellness recommends Foam Rolling!
A foam roller is such a useful tool for anyone. You can:
- Improve circulation and prep body for exercise
- Release tension (e.g from sitting for long periods)
- Ease tight/sore muscles after exercise
- Reduce pain in joints in some scenarios (some runners/cyclists can ease knee pain simply by foam rolling thighs and buttocks)
- Use as a handy tool for mobility exercises
- Challenge balance (or proprioception, if you like fancy medical words) in Pilates/yoga practice
If you are a beginner, we would recommend getting a soft foam roller, or if you would prefer to really self massage and release those tight muscles then try a foam roller with ridges/bumps.
Merry Christmas and Stay Well!