We will assess range and quality of movement within the body, with the aim of identifying pain and restrictions and then applying various techniques to the soft tissue and joints that will help speed recovery and provide long term sustainable pain free results.
At Winchester Wellness we are guided by the founding principles of Osteopathy:
The body has its own medicine chest – Each one of us has the innate ability to regenerate our own injured tissues. Osteopathy aims to access this ability faster by creating balance and movement to support the healing process.
Structure / function – Our bodies are an intricate connection of levers and pulleys built around a bony framework. The components work in synchronicity with each other. However, injury in one area can effect function and efficiency in another. We aim to restore structure to damaged areas and therefore function throughout the entire body.
Fluid dynamics – The blood and fluid flow to the injured tissue is important to deliver the right nutrients and building blocks for tissues to repair, and to allow damaged tissue to be removed.
How can we help?
During a consultation
We will take a holistic approach to the body, assessing the tissues both visually & hands on, as well understanding restrictions through a series of active and passive movements.
Following this assessment we will agree on a treatment plan together which may include soft tissue massage techniques, articulation and high velocity thrusts.
Clients visiting our Osteopaths may benefit from treatment if suffering from a wide range of illnesses including:
- Arthritic pain
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Joint pains, including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- Generalised aches and pains
- Inability to relax
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries and tensions
- Muscle spasms
- Rheumatic pain
- Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
Relief from the stresses and strains on your body during pregnancy and after birth
We treat a broad range of individuals, including pregnant women who may benefit from the relief of:
- Acute and chronic backache
- Circulatory problems
As a registered profession all our Osteopaths are registered with the General Osteopathic Council and are fully insured.
Our Osteopaths have been DBS checked and are clear to work both with Adults and Children.